Wednesday, May 09, 2007


06.45

It can’t be that time already,

Surely not!

The green glow of the alarm flashing

My ears full of piercing sound

Dust has not had the chance to settle

The blanket is warm

My body toasty

My big toe tells me the weather

Before I’ve heard the latest

It’s cold that’s a matter of fact

Five more minutes won’t hurt

The blanket is warm

My body toasty

I never found what I was looking for

I never had enough

It’s not fair

Why does the day have to start?

It’s not on-others find it so easy

The body next to mine is

Oblivious to all that batters the window, and sounds

of parenthood coming from across the hall.

To stay where I am is the best place for me

The blanket is warm

My body toasty

There’s nowhere quite like it

It has to be said

The sun is not up, so why should I?

Here is where I wish to stay

That’s a fact

I will rise another day

Tomorrow I feel will be a better day

Just five minutes more would be bliss



Beauiful…………….

It’s all in the mind

The look-er and the looked

fat or thin

perfect or not

who has the right to say beautiful or not

let people choose their true beauty

it’s thicker than skin.

In the holders eye and all that

an hour glass or love handles

why is it up to the masses?

what to and what not to

Stars endorse “Because you’re worth it!”

Promoting their books, who cares how they did it!

isn’t it up to me, I have to find the me

I can love

day and night cream.

To give me a younger look

Wrinkle cream stops me showing the

Tomato look

Don’t just wash

Wash and go

Don’t let it snow

Stand head and shoulders above the rest

Lip gloss to last for ever.

24 hour deodorant for a twenty something man

Heading for Old Spice as the hours tick by

Vast amounts of money spent in the pursuit

Of retaining a memory of what was

Truth be told you have no control

In the holders eye and all that

So who can say beautiful or not?



Red tape

It’s there

Just waiting

It’s never really seen

No one owns up to erecting it

It’s never man enough to say it was wrong

It’s just there

It has no owner

Forms don’t move it

Marching won’t see it off

It’s just there

Holding you up

Slowing you down

It feeds off your frustration

Boxing you black and blue

Headlines rage

Political

Social

Environmental

No one answers your call to remove it

It stays

standing fast

the Cause now lost

In red tape!

Poker

Cards dealt,

Bet made

Whose holding

A winning hand?

I

I-hope

The pot grows

Too high for some

I know what I’ve got

Can I take the shirt off his back?

A Jack, King, Queen, Ace, a Ten of Hearts

Are fanned before me

My three eights and a king high

Fall by the wayside

Those that folded

Rise and down two fingers

In salute to my poor bluff

My chips gone

I’ve lost

I’m out



Re-use

I have a salad box

I eat from each day

I love my salad box

It makes me feel good every day

It helps me eat my five a day

And keeps that dreaded calories at bay

It even helps me save the planet

It every way!

It was a Dairy Milk chocolate box

Of which I ate the contents last Saturday.


Tuck

Tuck your shirts in, kids hear me say

Tuck your shirts in, I say it every day

It’s amazing how may times a day

I have to say tuck your shirt in.

You’d think kids would get bored of me saying tuck your shirt in

every moment of the day yet still I say tuck your shirt in

I pass the same kids, again and again

So I say tuck your shirt in

What’s beyond believe is that I see them again

And you’ve guessed it - I have to say tuck your shirt in.

I swear they un-tuck it as I pass by

But how boring it is to hear me say

Tuck your shirts in, Tuck your shirts in,

I say it every day

It’s amazing how may times a day

I have to say tuck your shirt, tuck your shirt,

tuck your shirt,

tuck your shirt,

tuck your shirt,

tuck your shirt,

tuck your shirt,

tuck your shirt.

Words

In a moment

they leave us

There’s no return

Your meaning

Lost in interpretation

Words hang

Papers play on

Headlines scream

What did you mean?

Words uttered, tempers fray

spoken in black n white

transmitted in colour

under tones spoken, heard by all

as comments fly, daggers hurt

yet their wounds heal

words explode, splitting worlds

no match for time

where does the fault lie?

In public place

On a pedestal we put

a star!

Nobody’s life has she saved

no cure has she found

we gave a mouth and breasts

stardem

Then exposed her colours


Cereal Killer

Each morning

I get up

I commit murder before 8am

I torture toast with heat,

I drown cornflakes in cow’s milk

I stab the butter, curse jam for its fat content

I drink coffee against my doctors advice

I return to medieval times, cracking eggs in Scolding oil

All this to prevent myself from becoming

A chalk outline before noon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home